Required Scholarship Application Materials
Download 2013 Scholarship Form:
The following items are required in order to be considered for a scholarship or an award:
- A completed 2013 Scholarship Application form, generated and completed via computer, including all required materials, signatures and dates. The application form and more information about types of scholarships available are posted here on the MxCC Foundation website OR the Middlesex Community College website.
- A copy of your current spring 2013 MxCC transcript (copy from Banner Self Service is sufficient) or high school transcript if an entering student. If this is your first semester at MxCC, please provide mid-term grades using the Mid-term Grade Report attached to this application.
- While some scholarships require a 2.5 GPA, most require at least a 3.0 GPA.
- At least two letters of recommendation (on official letterhead), one of which must be from a current MxCC faculty member if you are a returning student. Letters must indicate the writer's relationship to you, e.g., high school or college faculty, employer, volunteer supervisor, etc. Important: Letters from relatives and friends will not be accepted.
- A computer-generated typed essay, one to two pages in length, double-spaced, describing what motivates you to succeed, why you should be considered for a scholarship, how MxCC is helping you achieve your goals, and what you want to accomplish with your life and for your community.
- A completed 2012-2013 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is required and can be completed and submitted online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. The code number for MxCC is 008038. If you need assistance, please contact the MxCC Financial Aid Office, 132 Founders Hall.
Submit completed applications to:
Prof. Donna Leonowich, Scholarship Committee Chairperson
Middlesex Community College Foundation, Inc.
c/o Office of Institutional Advancement 131A Founders Hall
100 Training Hill Road Middletown, CT 06457
The deadline for receipt of all application materials is March 8, 2013.
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. NO EXCEPTIONS!